Home to "Skippy" the bush kangaroo. Walk through kaola house and scenic bush railway.
Namba Rd Duffys Forrest
Phone: 450 3277
The first permanent lighthouse was erected on Barrenjoey Headland in 1868. The current lighthouse, built from
Hawkesbury sandstone was erected in 1880. The stone tower is 11.5 metres high with a 8.25 metre dome on top.
The light which was originaly gas powered was converted to electricity in 1972 and has an output of 75 000 candelas.
To distinguish itself from other lighthouses Barrenjoey flashes four one secondbursts of light every 20 seconds, it can be
seen from a distance of up to 19 nautical miles.