Church Point Sydney. New South Wales
A spot renowned for its beauty, Church Point was named from a little wooden church which was built on the hill in 1872.
Although the church was demolished in 1932 the remnants of the old cemetery can still be seen accross the road from
Ferries regularly journey between the wharf and Scotland Island. The Island is encircled by houses of the lucky residents who enjoy
its quiet lifestyle. Dirt roads circle the island under the cover of the tall gum trees. A leisurely stroll
should take aproximately 40 minutes and offers fantasic views across Pittwater.
The Island is aproximately 2km around and home to 550 residents
with 280 houses (60% permanent 40% weekender).
At Chruch point Pittwater Road turns into Mc Carrs Creek Road and continues towards Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. Barbecues are
situated at Mc Carrs Creek which is a great place for canoeing and swimming.